Through our “Be Kind to Our Planet” ethos we aim to be as sustainable as possible.
- We produce less than 1/2 a black bin liner per week of rubbish. We aim to reduce this.
- All raw food and garden waste is composted and children are taught about the process.
- We recycle and reuse.
- Without packed lunches we reduce packaging waste.
- Milk is delivered in glass bottles.
- We do not use marine polluting resources such as glitter.
- We use resources fallen from nature, as much as possible, this shares a richer experience for your child too.
Communication with you is important in supporting your child’s progress
Each child is given their own online Tapestry Journal. This allows us to regularly share activities and achievements with you and enable you to communicate by return. Your Childs journal follows their Early Years Foundation Stages 2021 along with other areas of assessment and observation and will also share films and photographs of their life in the setting.
We keep an open house policy to be available to arrange times to meet and we also arrange parent meetings through the year to discuss your childs progression and development in readiness for moving on to Primary School.
Key Worker meetings are held daily to enable a whole discuss of your childs progress. Your childs key worker will report and follow their progress, this is backed up by a holistic approach with all team members getting to know each child well.
We recently obtained the all clear from Ofsted to become renamed as Urban Nature London Ltd, trading as Mulberry Outdoor Preschool and so our Ofsted Good rating is not attached to this new company name. However, our Inspection report is available here: Link 1.
Rating Good with Outstanding results in Personal Development, behaviour and Welfare.
Urban Nature London Limited is awaiting an inspection, see link 2